Develop Your Custom Sustainability Assurance Program
SCS Consulting helps you establish internal sustainability protocols and audit programs that protect the environment, reduce risk, and elevate your brand.
Your Trusted Partner for an Assurance Program
As an organization built on a foundation of risk reduction and sustainability verification, we understand the need to have internal protocols, policies, and auditing programs in place that support sustainability efforts. Our experienced staff work across multiple industries to establish assurance programs that underpin client sustainability commitments. As your trusted partner, we understand the nuances of each industry and what’s required for a reputable assurance program.
SCS Consulting has decades of cross-sector experience crafting internal sustainability assurance programs, and we understand the unique sustainability challenges in different industries. You’ll receive a custom-developed product and process specific to your exact needs through our process:
- Conduct a needs assessment
- Review existing policies, audit procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Engage stakeholders on the needs of new programs
- Develop protocol aligned with company needs
- Develop necessary policies to support the protocol
- Design a robust audit program
- Pilot the newly-designed program
SCS puts our vast industry experience and internal processes to work so you have a reputable and robust internal sustainability program. Our understanding of protocols, policies, and audit programs allows for efficiencies in your work and ours, so we can focus on developing the best sustainability assurance program through a collaborative approach. A typical development process includes:
- Understanding already established policies and processes
- Assessing needs and identifying risks through client interviews
- Obtaining stakeholder input
- Leading strategy sessions to identify priority areas of focus
- Development of detailed protocol, policy, and audit documentation
- Training of new program for staff and suppliers
The SCS Consulting Advantage
More nimble than the Big 4 and more experienced than pop-up ESG consultancies, SCS Consulting Services is built on more than three decades of sustainability industry excellence and an unwavering commitment to scientific rigor, credibility, and transparency.
We're experts in the world of risk and assurance. It's what we do every day, and we thrive on developing an assurance program that best serves your business.
What Is An Internal Protocol and Audit Program?
Companies often have their own set of environmental or social welfare requirements to properly protect their brand and operations, a growing necessity that will prove invaluable as companies continue to shift their focus toward the natural world. Many companies often elect to create their own internal protocol, associated policies, and audit program to appropriately check that requirements are being met. These audits can be carried out internally as 1st-party audits or a company can elect to have an outside party conduct the audits as a 2nd-party audit.